Westcoast Child Development Group Inc. founded in 2003 brings together a multidisciplinary team of experienced mental health professionals who work with school-age children, youth, young adults, and families. Our team includes Registered Psychologists, Registered Clinical Counsellors, and Occupational Therapists.
The clinicians at Westcoast Child Development Group provide:
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Professional consultation
- Workshops/Training for parents, clinicians, and educators
Clinicians work therapeutically with individuals experiencing:
- Anxiety (social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety)
- Social skills difficulties
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Behavioural concerns (e.g., school refusal, aggression)
- Academic struggles
- Family and/or partner relationship challenges
- Concerns related to developmental and life stage transitions
- Many of our clinicians have expertise in working with and assessing those on the Autism Spectrum providing relevant therapies and assessment for children 8 years and older, youth, and adults
Mental health issues impact a number of areas of day-to-day functioning and we are often asked to provide consultation to schools, mental health facilities, and employers.
At the Westcoast Child Development Group we work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date assessment and empirically-supported clinical treatments are provided.
Our team are all registered clinicians who are governed by their respective licensure bodies and strive to maintain a high degree of professionalism.